Embedded Software Development
At Ascenten, we provide next-generation embedded software development and engineering services to our customers that satisfy their specific business requirements. Ascenten has a rich expertise in developing firmware and embedded applications for a wide range of products including embedded C programming. We use our DSP expertise and IPs to develop fast embedded middleware, rich applications and interactive GUI. Our embedded expertise covers embedded c programming, application development and optimization of a wide array of popular RTOS platforms and proprietary micro-kernels, processor dependent real time assembly coding as well as real time multi-threaded applications.
- Implemented DLMS stack and metering objects in an existing code while replacing a bulky communications standard albiet retaining its functionalities and security features.
- Ascenten was engaged in emergency by a customer to deliver quickly as the sales deadlines were very close.
- Ascenten successfully delivered working and tested code for an ultra low power micro controller which included porting the DLMS objects for smart meter reading and GSM for wireless communication
- Engagement: Onsite & Offsite, 24 weeks
Applications & Middleware
- Expertise in porting 3rd party applications such as HTTP and FTP servers
- Algorithms for specialized applications such as speech recognition, image and gesture recognition, GPS navigation, time-of-flight measurements, multidimensional linear/spline error correction, statistical prediction and others
- Applications for advanced industrial control systems and graphical HMI interfaces
- Expertise with structured programming techniques
- GUI library design and interfacing
- A/V CODECs design
- Advanced A/V DSP algorithms
Testing & Software Localization
- Expertise with functional testing, black box and white box testing
- Performance, usability and security testing
- Expertise with common techniques to do a 'break' test
- New platform compatibility and regression testing
- Experience with software localization and internationalization
APIs & Device Drivers
APIs and Device Drivers for keypads, LCDs, touch screens, RTCs, memories, ADCs, DACs, IR modules, GPS modules, GSM/GPRS modules, SPI & I2C devices, RTDs, thermistors, pressure sensors, accelerometers, gyros, compasses etc.
- Challenge: To evaluate the best compatible and lowest power RTOS for a specific low power microcontroller among OS-III from Micrium, embOS from Segger & SCIOPTA from Scepter.
- Implemented various industry standard benchmarking algorithms for each evaluation parameter using ANSI C.
- Performed thorough analysis of hardware power and timing performance, various latencies, scalability, cost and support.
- Software: IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 6.10 for standard C code, embOS and OS-III, IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM 6.20 for Sciopta
- Engagement: Offsite, 12 Weeks
- The customer shall benefit by the optimal RTOS choice that shall be used for years to come as a software base of various product families.
Bootloaders & In-field Updaters
- System self diagnostic algorithms on boot up – memories, peripherals and I/O ports
- Fail-safe techniques for in-field updating of code
- Supporting tablet / PC application for in-field updating and system diagnostics
- Expertise with designing Hardware Abstraction Layers for interoperability with various OS kernels
- Expertise with customizing and porting a number of stacks:
- UART, USB, TCP/IP, IEEE-1394, WLAN, Bluetooth, GSM, GPRS, Modbus, CAN bus, Profibus, Fieldbus, HART, PPP, ZigBee and DLMS among others
Embedded/RT OS Porting
- Selection of suitable Embedded/RT OS considering process latency, power, vendor support and ease of deployment
- Experience with a number of OSes including Embedded Linux, EmbOS, OS-II and OS-III, SCIOPTA, FreeRTOS, RTLinux, VxWorks, QNX, OSE, uCOS and velOSity
- System setup for version control and JTAG/UART debugging
- OS evaluation for robustness and reliability
CPLD Glue Logic
- Control and configuration of on-board devices
- Port address mapping
The reliability of embedded systems is their most important feature. The Embedded C Programming should be done in such a way that there are no systems disruptions in case of any change in plans. If you want the best results with your Embedded Software Development, we are the best source to rely on.
or call us on
USA Toll Free: +1-888-266-1679
India Mobile: +91-89800 00973
India Landline: +91-79-2646 4646